Negligence in Yakima, Washington Car Accidents
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Yakima, it’s important to understand the concept of negligence and how it may apply to your case.
Negligence is a legal term that describes someone who fails to act reasonably under the circumstances, resulting in harm to another person. In the context of a car accident, negligence can take many forms.
Some of the most common kinds of negligence that cause car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving Under the Influence
- Reckless Driving
What to do after a car accident in Yakima, Washington
If you are involved in a car accident in Yakima, Washington, there are certain steps you should take to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- First, if possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road to avoid blocking traffic.
- Next, call 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance if needed.
- Once the police arrive, they will likely want to speak with all parties involved in the accident and collect any evidence. It is important that you cooperate with the police and provide them with accurate information. If you are not sure about something, it is better to tell them that you do not know rather than guessing.
- Once everything is sorted out at the scene of the accident, exchange insurance information with the other driver and then contact your own insurance company to begin the claims process.
- After you can safely leave the scene, it’s vital to go see a medical professional – even if you feel you don’t have any injuries. Injuries sometimes don’t reveal themselves until later on, and it’s important to get the medical record proving you went to a health professional immediately after the crash.
- Finally, you’ll want to hire a Yakima, Washington car accident attorney with experience with the laws for Washington specifically and a proven track record of success for their clients.
Contact a Yakima Car Accident Attorney Today
As a result of loss of wages, accumulated medical expenses, and other expenses, car accidents can cause extreme financial hardship – among other stressors. Our experienced Yakima car accident lawyer will help you obtain the compensation you need in your case, in addition to the psychological and emotional trauma you may experience.