This compensation can be claimed for various types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Car repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Car Accidents in Tacoma, Washington
Car accidents are a leading cause of death and injury in the United States. In Tacoma, Washington, they are also a leading cause of property damage.
There are many causes of car accidents. One of the most common is distracted driving. When drivers take their eyes off the road, even for a moment, they can veer into oncoming traffic or fail to see pedestrians crossing the street. Distracted driving is especially dangerous because it is often combined with other risky behaviors, such as speeding or drunk driving.
Other common causes of car accidents include weather conditions, poor road conditions, and driver fatigue. These factors can be exacerbated by recklessness or carelessness on the part of drivers.
For example, drivers who are speeding are more likely to lose control of their vehicles on icy roads. And drivers who are tired are more likely to make mistakes that could lead to an accident.
What To Do After a Tacoma Car Accident
After being involved in a car accident in Tacoma, there are a few things you should do to protect yourself and your rights.
- First, call the police and make a report.
- Be sure to get the other driver’s information, including their name, insurance company, and policy number.
- You should also take pictures of the damage to both vehicles, as well as any injuries you may have sustained.
- Next, seek medical attention for any injuries you may have suffered. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s always best to get checked out by a doctor just to be safe.
- Once you’ve seen a doctor, get in touch with an experienced Tacoma personal injury attorney with experience in car accident cases. An attorney can help you navigate the insurance claims process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Tacoma Washington Car Accident Attorney Today
Don’t try to go it alone after your accident – get the help you need to protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve. Contact our experienced Tacoma car accident attorneys today to tell us about your case.