At Gilbert Law Firm, we have decades of experience representing Moses Lake clients injured in traffic accidents, including accidents involving trucks and other commercial vehicles
You can count on us to fight vigilantly for you to receive full compensation for your losses, and hold the responsible people to account.
Common injuries in Moses Lake Washington truck accidents
Because tractor-trailers are so large and heavy, accidents they are involved in can often result in far more serious injuries than a typical car accident. This is especially true for anyone unlucky enough to be in a normal-sized car.
Some of the most common truck accident injuries can include the following:
What To Do After A Truck Accident in Moses Lake
Here are the first steps you should take immediately after an accident involving a commercial truck or tractor-trailer:
- Call 911—you should notify the police that an accident has happened. If there are any injured, you will need to ask for an ambulance as well.
- Take photos—you will want to take as many photos of the incident as possible to document the damage. You may also want to photograph road conditions if they contributed to the collision.
- Collect information—you should obtain the drivers’ license number, insurance information and registration information of all parties involved before leaving the scene.
- Talk to an attorney—an attorney can help guide you through your personal injury claim and, if necessary, lawsuit to obtain your compensation.
Remember not to make any statements to insurance companies about the crash without a lawyer.
When it comes to contacting an attorney, time is of the essence in a truck accident case. Once hired, our truck accident attorneys will preserve fundamental pieces of evidence, and take necessary pictures and witness statements. After this, we can take legal action by filing a lawsuit.
Negligence in Moses Lake Truck Accidents
After filing a lawsuit against the responsible party, we will have to prove that person or company acted negligently, and that negligence led to your injuries.
In the case of a commercial truck accident, the driver will often have all the resources of the trucking company on their side, so it’s crucial that you have the advice of an experienced truck accident attorney on your side.
Truck drivers and their employers can be found negligent in any of the following:
- Trucking company negligence (i.e. negligent hiring)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to comply with trucking regulations
- Driving more hours than is allowed and/or safe
- Failure to conduct routine maintenance on the truck
- Overloading the truck or failing to secure cargo
Compensation After a Truck Accident
If we can prove that your injuries were the result of the truck driver or another party’s negligence, you will be compensated for your losses in the form of damages.
You can receive compensation for any of the following damages, among others:
Contact a Moses Lake Truck Accident Attorney
If you’ve recently been in an accident involving a commercial truck or tractor-trailer, don’t panic At Gilbert Law Firm, it’s our job to make sure that you receive the help that you need and the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.